Topcoder is a company that administers contests in computer programming. Topcoder hosts fortnightly online
competitive programming competitions—known as SRMs or “single round matches”—as well as weekly competitions
in graphic design and development. The work in design and development produces useful software which is licensed
for profit by Topcoder.
Types of Competitions:
- Algorithms (competition length about two hours): Competitors are given a set (usually three) of algorithmic problems and have 75 minutes to correctly solve as many as they can. Topcoder has been hosting algorithm competitions since 2001.
- Software Design (competition length one week): Topcoder hosts graphic design and development competitions in which coders can compete to create components and applications that are either generally useful, or that third parties have contracted for. Competitors are given a set of user requirements and attempt to convert them into a usable software design specification. Their efforts are judged on a variety of “real-world” criteria on how correct and practical their design is.
- Development (competition length one week): Competitors are given a set of design specification and attempt to write software components that match this specification. These components are judged on their functionality and coding style.
- Marathon Matches (competition length one or two weeks): Contestants are given a particularly difficult algorithmic problem. The scoring is done by computer based on criteria specifically suited to the problem.
- Studio (graphic design): Contestants are asked to show off their creative skills in a competitive environment.
- Architecture Assembly Topcoder has created Assembly Competitions as an extension of Component Design and Development Competitions. Through these competitions, competitors create high quality applications using completed components and Topcoder’s established competitive method.
- Bug Races Project teams, clients and members are able to log bugs they find in software developed and supported by Topcoder. Topcoder will communicate these bugs to the member community. Bugs that are open to the community will be posted on the Active Bug Races page.
for more information visit : https://www.topcoder.com/